Ki Kai Shiatsu School offers professional training in Shiatsu & Movement Shiatsu.
This is offered as a one year Certificate in Movement Shiatsu followed by a two year Diploma in Movement Shiatsu. We also offer a Diploma in Shiatsu Completion Year, which supports students who have done two or more years in Shiatsu but who are looking to complete assignments, case studies etc. Our courses are supported by an on-line virtual school, workshops and residential courses and Ki Kai was fully ratified by the Shiatsu Society UK in October 2019.
The Shiatsu Society UK is the professional body to which registered shiatsu schools are affiliated. Ki Kai adheres to the Shiatsu Society Core Curriculum guidelines and this is assessed by learning outcomes which are designed to evidence students’ understanding of what they have learnt on all our courses.
This means that students who have fulfilled all Certificate and Diploma course requirements will automatically attain professional status, qualifying as Members of the Register of the Shiatsu Society UK (MRSS).
Our training is equally suitable for those wishing to become professional Shiatsu therapists as well as those seeking self-development and personal growth. Learning to become sensitive and responsive to the physical and personal changes in our clients inevitably brings about profound changes in us; this work can genuinely be described as life changing.
The next Certificate and Diploma courses at Ki Kai commence in September 2020. These courses are preceded by three stand alone introductory workshops, which are designed to give you a taste of the school, our teaching style and for you to see if Ki Kai feels right for you.
The next 1st Year Certificate in Movement Shiatsu Course and the next Diploma in Shiatsu Completion Year Course start on the weekend of 19th & 20th September 2020. These courses run over 10 weekends approximately monthly on both Saturday and Sunday. The Ki Kai teaching style is informal and supportive, our emphasis is on experiential learning and exploratory approaches to working more interactively with clients as the essence of Movement Shiatsu.
Fees for courses are payable on-line or by standing order.
The one off payment has an Early Bird 20% reduced price if paid in full before 31st July 2020. There are also options to pay by three termly payments, or ten monthly payments.
Dates of the course are as follows:
Introductory Workshops 2020
- 24th May 2020 – An Intro to the 1st Family: Earth & Metal Organs & Meridians of the Tai Yin (Lung & Spleen) and Yang Ming (Large Intestine & Stomach) We’ll explore Asking for and Getting our Needs Met in Treatment and Negotiating Boundaries.
- 13th June 2020 – An Intro to the 2nd Family: Primary Fire and Water Organs and Meridians of the Shao Yin (Kidney & Heart) and Tai Yang (Small Intestine & Bladder): We’ll explore Being Rooted in our Physical Self yet Connected with what Fires and Excites us.
- 5th September 2020 – An Intro to the 3rd Family: Secondary Fire & Wood Organs & Meridians of the Shao Yang (Triple Heater & Gall Bladder) and Jue Yin (Heart Protector and Liver): We’ll explore Working with Conflict and Integration
Autumn 2020 Term
- 19th & 20th Sept 2020 Weekend 1
- 10th & 11th Oct 2020 Weekend 2
- 7th & 8th Nov 2020 Weekend 3
- 12th & 13th Dec 2020 Weekend 4
Spring 2021 Term
- 16th & 17th Jan 2021 Weekend 5
- 13th & 14th Feb 2021 Weekend 6
- 13th & 14th Mar 2021 weekend 7
Summer 2021 Term
- 10th & 11th Apr 2021 Weekend 8
- 8th & 9th May 2021 Weekend 9
- 12th & 13th June 2021 Weekend 10
Other 2021 Workshops
- 27th & 28th Feb 2021 Weekend Workshop
- 15th May 2021 Introductory Workshop
- 19th June 2021 Introductory Workshop
- 10th & 11th July 2021 Weekend Workshop
For further information on Ki Kai Certificate, Diploma, Postgraduate, Refresher Courses and Workshops visit https://firstname.lastname@example.org
To speak with a tutor, call Bill Commerford +44 (0)7876 43 29 39.