July & August 2019 News & Events
Movement Shiatsu Practice Class
7.00 – 9.00p.m. on Fridays on the following dates: 13th & 27th Sept; 18th Oct; 15th Nov & 13th Dec 2019 Check Calendar please note the Ki Kai Summer break: there are no classes during July and August .
Opportunity for all ex and current students on Ki Kai Movement Shiatsu courses to practice client-centred techniques and to explore and integrate Inner Qigong exercises and the Six Forms of Touch in exchange treatments.
We welcome visitors, whether practitioners from Shiatsu, Movement Shiatsu or other therapeutic backgrounds.
This is a chance to share skills and knowledge in a friendly, supportive and supervised warm environment.
Inner Qigong Classes
Lead by Bill Commerford 7.00 – 9.00p.m. at Ki Kai on Fridays, on the following dates: 20th Sept; 4th & 11th Oct; 1st, 8th, 22nd & 29th Nov; 6th Dec 2019 Check Calendar
Please note the Ki Kai Summer Break, during which, Bill will also be leading Inner Qigong Workshops at the following festivals: Glastonbury 28 – 30th June, Port Eliot 26th – 28th July and Into the Wild 23rd – 25th August.
Inner Qigong classes at Ki Kai are an opportunity to explore self-relationship through sensation, breath, visualisation, stillness and integrated movement:
- All levels of mobility welcome – no previous experience is necessary.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing for the class
- If you have one please bring a yoga mat
Prices per Two-Hour Class of Movement Shiatsu or Inner Qigong
- £15 per class on the day, payments in cash or by card
- £13 per class if 6-9 classes are block booked
- £12 per class if 10 or more classes are block booked
Six Forms of Touch
A Weekend of Movement Shiatsu at Ki Kai with Bill Palmer & Teresa Hadland
By Popular Demand an Additional Workshop Scheduled on Sat 13th – Sun 14th April 2019. Covering a Different Selection of Forms of Touch to January’s Workshop. The Weekend is Self-Contained so you don’t need to have attended the first Workshop but it serves as a follow-on for those who did
Full Price £175
10% Reduction to Registered Shiatsu Society Members Booking Online Quoting Coupon Code: SSUK2019
Payments by credit card or direct bank transfer also accepted
This workshop serves as a gateway to postgraduate studies at the School for Experiential Education (SEED) and provides an extra workshop for the new Undergraduate Certificate and Diploma Course in Movement Shiatsu at Ki Kai Shiatsu School which started 23 February 2019.
Movement Shiatsu Weekend Workshops
- Developing your skills with clients to tailor treatments to their needs
- Techniques to enhance your communication skills that will enable clients to participate more actively in treatments
- How to enhance your treatments through different types of subtle but focused touch and intention rather than physical effort
- Making Inner Qigong accessible to clients and how to model this in your treatments so that you can assist clients to experience their own sense of relationship with themselves through breath, stillness and integrated movement.
For more information email: email@example.com
Ki Kai Shiatsu School has taught Shiatsu successfully for over 20 years and aims to:
- Offer the highest quality tuition in the skills of Shiatsu and Oriental Medicine.
- Make Shiatsu accessible to as wide a range of people as possible.
- Provide an open, co-operative, exploratory and supportive learning environment.
- Actively encourage the integration of Shiatsu into organised healthcare and as a service in community social health and well-being.