* NEWS *
13-14 January 2018: Movement Shiatsu, Three Families, Six Forms of Touch & Inner Qigong: – to book with Eventbrite
Weekend 4 of the Certificate in Shiatsu and Movement Shiatsu is also designed as a pair of stand alone workshops for those interested in different aspects of Movement Shiatsu, or for the purposes of Continuing Professional Development. Lead by Jonathan Clifford
Day 1 Saturday 13th January 2018: Intro to the Shao Yang of the Gall Bladder & Triple Heater meridians includes:
- Negotiating Relationships Between Self & Others
- Courage & Decision Making;
- Circulation, Integration & Actualisation;
- Spiral Movement
- Mediating Touch and bringing awareness of proximal & distal movement of joints
Day 2, Sunday 14th January 2018: Intro to the Jue Yin of the Liver & Heart Protector Meridians & an exploration of
- Meeting Conflict: the Shadow, Developing Courage & Vision,
- Planning, Flow, & Flexibility;
- Shock Absorption;
- Elasticity & Stretch;
- Embracing Touch: assisting clients to engage with the challenges of what is difficult
- Review of the 3rd Family
Meridian Weekend Courses
A Series of Weekend Courses Designed to Consolidate and Revise Classical Meridians, Points & an Opportunity to Practice Techniques & Exchange Treatments. These are certificated short courses which count towards Continuing Professional Development CPD.
- 17-18 February 2018 Water, Secondary Fire, Wood & Sotai to book with Eventbrite
- 7-8 April 2018 Earth, Fire & Wood to book with Eventbrite
- 7-8 July 2018 All 12 Paired Classical Meridians to book with Eventbrite
Day 1 Saturday 17th February 2018: Reprise Classical Water Meridians & Revision of Classical Secondary Fire Meridians & Sotai Techniques lead by Bill Commerford.
- Treating Classical Triple Heater & Heart Protector in supine and sitting positions
- Sotai Techniques to assist clients and work with resistance and core muscles to increase strength, ease and range of movement
Day 2 Sunday 18th February 2018 Revisision of Classical Wood Meridians & Sotai lead by Bill Commerford . We will look at:
- Treating Classical Gall Bladder & Liver Meridians in supine and side positions
- More Sotai Techniques and aspects of good style which provide appropriate support and quality of contact
This is also Weekend 5 of the Certificate in Shiatsu and Movement Shiatsu.
Coming Soon in Spring 2018
Year 1 of a two-year accelerated Weekday training: this Full Shiatsu Professional Practitioner Training Course encompasses both the Certificate and Diploma in Shiatsu. The course is designed for those unable to make weekend training programmes.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ki Kai Shiatsu School has taught Shiatsu successfully for over 20 years and aims to:
- Offer the highest quality tuition in the skills of Shiatsu and Oriental Medicine.
- Make Shiatsu accessible to as wide a range of people as possible.
- Provide an open, co-operative, exploratory and supportive learning environment.
- Actively encourage the integration of Shiatsu into organised healthcare and as a service in community social health and well-being.